13 abril 2012

Nail Art: Fogo Neon


Criei coragem e usei esmaltes neon! Essa moda está vindo com tudo para o verão aqui no hemisfério norte, e queria testar para ver se gostava ou não, já que são BEM chamativos.
I was finally bold enough to wear neon nail polish! This trend is hitting us hard in the northern hemisphere, and I decided to try it out on my nails and see if ultimately I'd love or hate, since they are IN YOUR FACE bright.





Os esmaltes que usei foram o amarelo Celtic Sun (neon) da China Glaze, o laranja Sun Worshipper da China Glaze, e o rosa Passion Fruit da Orly.
The polishes I tried were China Glaze Celtic Sun (neon), China Glaze Sun Worshipper and Orly Passion Fruit. In truth, I went looking for the new Orly summer collection, but since none of my local stores have it yet, I settled for these colors.


Em vez de usar uma cor de cada vez, resolvi fazer uma nail art que vi no blog francês Pshiiit
A menina pinta pedaços das unhas com cores diferentes, e deixa elas se misturarem onde quer que toquem. 
Dei só uma mudadinha no que ela fez, e passei top coat por cima dos esmaltes ainda molhados, para eles se misturarem mais um pouquinho, e ficarem com um efeito de raios de sol.
Instead of wearing one color at a time, I decided to mix them up and do some simple nail art. I saw this inspiration on the french blog Pshiiit, which I love. She uses different colors and lets them mix together wherever they touch.
I did my own little twist by adding a a thick layer of top coat while the polishes were still wet. This way it created streaks of color that resemble the rays of sun or fire.




Uma dica bem legal que aprendi por aí foi a de passar um branquinho básico antes de passar os esmaltes neon. Isso serve para qualquer esmalte super transparente. Mas é importante deixar o esmalte branco secar por completo antes de passar outro por cima.
One thing I've learned (even before I tried out neon colors) about sheer polishes, is to first apply a layer of white polish and let it dry. The white will make the neon or sheer color pop and become more vibrant.






Gostaram? Eu gostei. Demorou uns dias para me acostumar com a explosão de cores nos meus dedos, mas acabei me apaixonando por essas cores.
Sei que no Brasil vai começar o inverno, mas alguém aí ainda está usando cores neon?
I hope you liked this look. I totally love it! It took me a couple of days to get used to the vibrancy of the colors, but in the end I fell for the trend.


Beijos, a até semana que vem!
Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...